Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5 days to go

Only 5 days left, yikes. I'm definitely going to miss NZ. I cant wait to see all of you! My first hangi was cool, I got to watch them take it out of the ground! The food was in little containers, in a metal cage on top of really hot stones, and covered with a few layers of burlap, then the dirt. The food was pretty good, but I wasn't feeling so good, so I just laid around in our room. We left the day after the hangi, and went to a hotel with my nanna and uncle Pete. we slept there and visited Toni and Sharron the next day at their beach house. We had a ton of fun, but I brushed againsted a bush and ended up with a spider on my hand, and now i'm terrified of spiders again :( oh well. Right now we are going to Rotoroua, i'm doing schoolwork and dealing with a slight bit of carsickness. See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Soo, what is a hangi?? We all miss you!! Can't wait for you to come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all miss you!!! Can't wait till you come back to school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi?? This iPod is annoying. It won't post the other stuff. We can't wait for you to return. Do you have an accsent?
    -olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hangi is a way to prepare food, a dirt oven of sorts. It's like a gathering of friends cooking and eating together. No I don't have an accent... I think... I can't tell... I'll let you decide in a few days! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete